Monday, August 18, 2008

Project Linus

On October 25, I will deliver quilts to Project Linus at their Blanket Bee in Fountain Hills (instead of at our October 7th regular meeting). Please make an effort to finish up those kits you checked out and/or those quilts you started way back when, and get them in to me by October 21 so I can put labels on them. If you need fabric, kits, backing, and/or batting, please let me know by using nimblethimbles@gmail.com (Subject heading: Community Service), or see me at regular meetings. Keep in mind that working on a simple comfort quilt for others is a great way to teach a young person how to quilt, or even a recently retired friend looking to fulfill a long cherished dream of quilting. It's also a way to use up stash that you may have lost interest in, but that still would make a colorful scrappy quilt. See you at the meetings!

-- Delores

No comments: