Thanks to Lee Anna and Melanie for sharing this wonderful pumpkin cake recipe, which was a "hit" at our last meeting.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
• 3/4 cup butter, softened
• 2-1/2 cups sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
• 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 4 cups confectioners' sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
• eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin.
• Combine the flour, pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking, soda and ginger; add to the creamed mixture alternately with
• buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
• Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for
• 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out
• clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
• to cool completely.
• For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
• fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat
• until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Bags...bags...and more bags! Thanks to everyone who brought their bags to show and made it such a successful evening. We were treated to a wonderful array of styles and colors. Here are a few pictures...enjoy!
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Please join in the fun tonight and bring samples of bags that you have created to share with the group. And if you have any tips and tricks that you used in creating your bags please enlighten us tonight during show and tell...always eager to learn!!! Several members will have stations available to have up close and personal demonstrations of techniques. See ya later!!!!!