Monday, January 14, 2008

AQG Quilt Show Entries

I just entered a quilt in the AQG quilt show for the first time. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. If there are some of you out there that want to enter, tomorrow, January 15th is the deadline. Mailed entries must be postmarked by then. If you are an AQG member, you can also enter on-line at http://www.azquiltersguild.org/.

I must admit that I have been somewhat intimidated in the past by all the great quilts in the show. To quote Nike, I decided to just "Do It" when it came to entering a quilt. It is okay if it is not 100% perfect. I'm not sure that I'll never make a 100% perfect quilt. It is okay if I get some comments from the judges about how to improve my quilting. That is how I will learn and improve. And, it is okay if I don't win a ribbon. My quilt is called Fancy Chicks and is based upon the Arlene Walsh pattern Roadwalkers. It is a fun quilt and I hope you enjoy it when you go to the show. I hope those of you who might be hesitating too, will decide to just "Do It" and enter a quilt also.

Arlene Walsh has given a great program to Nimble Thimbles in the past. You might want to check out her website - http://www.quiltersstoresedona.com/kits.htm.

No comments: